This is a simple bookkeeping (accounts) excel spreadsheet template suitable for self-employed, sole traders and partnerships in United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
The template is based on Cash basis method of book-keeping. It is created on the basis of UK government guides for Cash basis and keeping business records.
Template consist of 5 pages/tables: business details, sales, expenses, car flat rate expenses and income statement.
5 steps to get through to your acccounts for a year.
1. Step – fill in your business details,
2. Step – fill in your sales/income,
3. Step – fill in your expenses,
4. Step – fill in your car miles if you use a car for your business,
5. Step – sign your income statement (Profit and Loss Account), it is prefilled with details you completed in previous tables.
Excel file have many formulas which help you with calculation and many pre-filled cells. PDF file is for those who want print out blank tables and fill them in with pen.
Template is available for MS Excel 2007 Onward (size: 38 KB) and PDF (size: 26 KB).
UK Cash Basis information.
Guide how to do simple bookkeeping and how to use this template.
Simple Bookkeeping Template for businesses in Ireland.
Complex Bookkeeping Template for experienced accountants and practices.